Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Outline

I am currently working on the outline for my book. When I first started work on this book I had decided that it would only be one of three or four books in a series. Now, I've worked it out into about seven books. I really hope it can work out the way I have planned. I have decided to work out the outline for this first book and then begin writing it. While I write it I am going to continue to work on the outlines for the subsequent six books.

It's not as easy as my first attempt at creating an outline. After reading "Story" by Robert McKee I have found that I need to have each scene charged positively or negatively. Each scene should end opposite of that which it started. So if the scene starts out positive then it should end negative. Put together I should have a zig zag looking positively and negatively charged graph of my story. Also, the stakes should become greater and greater with each scene.

As of this moment I am about half way through my outline for this first book. It's not nearly as easy as I had thought it would be. Of course it is making my story more interesting in my eyes than it originally appeared.

Till next time, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment