Monday, December 13, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge

I'm such a sucker for these things.

First it was NaNoWriMo. I had not intended upon entering, but did two days before November started. I didn't hit the 50,000 word count, but I did get close. I finished a novel, which was the first big hurdle to get over. Now I'm in the editing stage, as I like to call it Editing Stage 1. Yes, there will be more stages.

This time, however, instead of a writing challenge I've decided to participate in a reading challenge. The 2011 Debut Author Challenge is hosted by The Story Siren. The goal is to read 12 books by debut authors from January 1st to December 31st. I think I can accomplish this - along with being a mom of 2, writing, looking for a possible teaching job ...

Since I love to read this should definitely get me going. I will create a page on my blog where you can find a link to my reviews on Goodreads. By the way I've hardly read a book I didn't like, so they'll probably be great reviews. :-)

Is anyone else participating this year?

6 comments:

  1. thanks so much for joining the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting it. I can't wait to get started. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo! i SO want in! I have an ARC of Beth Revis' Across the Universe (coming out 1/11/11 - GET IT! SERIOUSLY!!!) & she has made me excited about the whole year. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just realized I didn't put her book on my list. I've been dying to get my hands on it. I'm glad I don't have to wait too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a fab selection there! I found you through the DAC sign up page and am now a new follower. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow! So far I'm doing good, but it's only a month in. Let's see if I can keep up the steam. :-)

    ReplyDelete