Monday, December 6, 2010

My 1st ARC - Wither


Just last week I received my first ARC in the mail. To say I was excited is a huge understatement. I had just been telling my husband two days earlier how I really, really, really wanted a copy of this book now! It had all started when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said Wither, but it doesn't come out until March.

Two days later my mailman was handing it to my husband along with another package. I was not expecting to get Wither at all. I knew I had entered a contest for it, but I couldn't remember what site I had entered it on or when. I didn't get an email stating that I won, not to my knowledge, so I'm still curious as to it's exact origin. But, I will not look a gift horse in it's mouth!

Immediately I began reading and was glued to it. When I opened the book I told myself, "I hope this book lives up to the hype I've been hearing."

Well, it did and now I can't wait for the second installment in the Chemical Garden Trilogy to be out.

Yes, I have finished it. I started reading last Wednesday and finished yesterday. My 12 month old loves to play with books, so I had to read while he napped. Otherwise, it would have been done in less than two days.

My review will follow on www.goodreads.com and I'll link it to my blog once I have it up.

It is definitely worth the read. I really enjoyed it. But, enough I say! Wait for my review. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh! So excited!!!! How very cool that a) it just showed up out of nowhere, and b) that it lived up to your expectations. Can't wait to read it!!

    —Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh was I surprised! I'm almost positive it was from a contest. However, with the big computer meltdown of 2010 I seem to have lost ALL my bookmarks on the internet. I try to bookmark any contests I enter, but that one seems to have slipped through the cracks or was erased when my system was reformatted. I do remember entering a contest, though. Too bad I can't find an email on it either.

    It was a great read. :-)

    ReplyDelete