Monday, January 10, 2011

Scatterbrained

It's Monday and I'm feeling totally scatterbrained. I have too many ideas fluttering through my mind like a dozen butterflies in the garden, and I have absolutely no direction at all.

Where to even begin? I guess at the beginning.

WIP #1: Stone Magic
I've written the first draft and edited that draft giving me the second draft.
Scatterbrained: I shelved it to get some distance before another round of revisions, but I can't stop thinking about it.

WIP #2: Barely There
I've written the first seven chapters in October. I'm currently researching San Angelo, where I used to live, to continue writing.
Scatterbrained: I have the plot spinning in my head, but I'm just not sure I'm feeling the characters right at this moment.

WIP #3: Outcast of Maine
I hardly have the characters, plot, or research finished on this one.
Scatterbrained: It's taking over my brain. I can't get it out of my mind. It's screaming that I need to hurry up and get done with the research and development stage done to begin writing it.

WIP #?: Where did this project come from?
I had a sudden light bulb, aha, moment of clarity over Christmas. This adult book popped itself into my brain out of the blue.
Scatterbrained: Like Outcast of Maine, it won't be quiet. I woke up this morning fleshing out the first chapter in my mind. I don't even have the characters fleshed out, the plot is still flat, and I have no idea what is up with this project. But, I feel a strong urge to get moving on it.

Where does that leave me? Scatterbrained
I have butterflies fluttering aimlessly through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment