Monday, March 7, 2011

Story Endings

Well, it happened this weekend. I started a whole new WIP a month ago and didn't like the original ending. During the first stage of editing I came up with a new ending, but it wasn't really setting too well with me. I still felt it was falling short. I really want this project to fill out into three books. Partly because I feel that there is too much to be told in Raynne's story than will ft into one book. The other reason is that it appears most YA novels these days are trilogies.

The closer I came to the ending during this first stage of editing the more anxious I became. I didn't know quite where the end was going to take me. Finally, over the weekend I decided to just write and see where it would take me. It took me to a much better first book ending than I had. I know there is still work to be done on the ending, but at least I'm happy with it this time.

How do you know when the ending you have written is the right ending for the story?

No comments:

Post a Comment