Monday, April 11, 2011

Balancing Act

Juggling writing, reading, and querying!

I'm not sure that it's even possible.

Everything seemed to be going just fine a couple weeks ago. I was reading and editing with no problems at all. Now I have finished my WIP, it's now a manuscript and being beta read.

So what's my problem now that I have time to read? That's just it. I have too many things I want to read and too many things I want to work on next. Not to mention the fact that I have been researching the heck out of agents. That adds another dimension to the reading issue.

You see I keep hearing that I need to do my research on agents. I need to know what they like. I need to know what they represent. Most of the agents I have chosen to research weren't just willy nilly chosen. I chose them because they represented books I have previously read and loved. I know what the books are like, the writing, the structures. That being said I still have agents on my list that I think will be great bets, but I haven't read any of the works they rep. In those cases I didn't chose the agents on the fly either. The books they rep are ones on my to-read list.

As a result, I have two books on my Kindle awaiting my attention, one library book in my possession, one book at the library on hold, and five more being shipped from various libraries to my library from the area. That's not to mention the talented Linda Cassidy Lewis's Brevity of Roses which is also awaiting my attention on my Kindle.

Maybe I should go on a reading binge?

Wait! I can't get ahead of myself. I'm also researching agents. Reading their blogs, interviews, and looking at anything else related to them that could be of use.

Oh, and then there is the slight issue of writing. I just can't seem to keep myself from writing. Nope, just can't pull myself away from my computer long enough to stop writing. I get up every morning and start typing. I even have TWO (2) WIPs I'm currently working on, the sequel to Midnight Raynne and a completely different idea that has been stewing in my mind for the past couple of weeks. Both main characters are driving me mad and demanding to have their stories written.

Fine! I'll write, but I need to read too, and research agents, and drive my daughter to and from various apointments as well as 2 separate softball team practices and games, and then there's my 16 month old, and finally my hubby.

How do I juggle it all? I'm just glad I'm able to stay home for the time being and not have to go to another job on top of everything else.

Your Turn --> How do you juggle everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment