Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Six Sentences

Writer Website Wednesday #2

 
What I like:

Six Sentences is a site dedicated to flash fiction. The idea is to write a quick piece using only six sentences, no more, no less. Submit your story to the site and the site administrator will respond to you in SIX days. I am intrigued by flash fiction these days. I sit around and think about it occasionally, but my problem is I'm too wordy for this type of writing. I have a hard time packing a huge punch into something so small. Either way, it's an interesting site to visit.
You can sign up to receive the blog update, newsletter, in your email and follow the site administrator on Twitter, as well, from the sidebar.

What I don't like:

I don't like that I have no idea who the site administrator is. I need to at least have an idea of who is running the site before I even think of submitting something I wrote. However, the site appears to be well run in the aspect of writer's getting their credit due.
I also don't like that it isn't really organized as far as genre or topic. It appears to be random stories submitted by authors and chosen by the site administrator randomly.

Recommendation:
I recommend this site for anyone who is a flash fiction fanatic or anyone who just wants to have a little fun reading flash fiction.

Your Turn -> What do you like about Six Sentences?

No comments:

Post a Comment