Sunday, June 5, 2011

In My Mailbox #6

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren as a way to showcase books you have received in the mail, from the library, or by any other method during the week. 

Okay, so last week in my IMM I posted that I had received The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder from S&S Galley Grab. Well, I loved it sooooooo much that I had to request the following two titles by Lisa Schroeder from the library. But, my hubby surprised me and got them for me on my Kindle, for his birthday. He's so sweet! If you haven't yet read any free verse novels, she's an excellent author to start reading. 

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder 

Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.


Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.


Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder 



Restless souls and empty hearts
Brooklyn can't sleep. Her boyfriend, Lucca, died only a year ago, and now her friend Gabe has just died of an overdose. Every time she closes her eyes, Gabe's ghost is there waiting for her. She has no idea what he wants or why it isn't Lucca visiting her dreams.
Nico can't stop. He's always running, trying to escape the pain of losing his brother, Lucca. But when Lucca's ghost begins leaving messages, telling Nico to help Brooklyn, emotions come crashing to the surface.
As the nightmares escalate and the messages become relentless, Nico reaches out to Brooklyn. But neither of them can admit that they're being haunted. Until they learn to let each other in, not one soul will be able to rest.   

5 comments:

  1. Great set! New follower too!
    I'm especially interested in Chasing Brooklyn.


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I loved Chasing Brooklyn. I devoured both books in no time. They were so good! You definitely have to read I Heart You, You Haunt Me first, though. Otherwise some of the references in Chasing Brooklyn won't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what a wonderful thing for your hubby to do!

    I feel like I really want to check Lisa Shroeder's books out now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing great things about Lisa Schroeder. I think I'll have to read one of her books!

    I love that cover of I heart you, You Haunt Me. It's so pretty!

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. April and Jennifer,

    I had heard about I Heart You, You Haunt Me a while before I ever decided to read it. I'm so glad I did. I absolutely loved it. I am now a complete fan of Lisa Shroeder. Her middle grade books are great too.

    ReplyDelete