Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SCBWI




Writer Website Wednesday #10


What I like:

They offer a wide variety of services to their members: Networking, Information and support, Discounts and Services, Publications, Awards, Grants, and Conferences. So, I joined. When I joined I received the SCBWI Publication Guide that is filled with information on writing and the legal aspects. If there was ever a question I had, it's in that book. Let me tell you, the information contained in the pages of this publication guide alone are well worth the $85 first year member fees.

As with most networking sites you can create your own profile and add friends. I still have yet to do this, and figure out exactly how. That part is a little confusing to me.

Not to mention the fact that by joining you receive the networking of a local chapter. It was through this chapter that I located a critique group in my area that was accepting new members. I sent them an email asking for the details. They requested a sample of my writing; I sent it. And now I have met with them. That was Monday's blog entry.

So far I am loving the networking of SCBWI alone. I still have yet to go to a conference. When I joined the SCBWI the local state conference was already passed the booking dates. I would have had to pay more and less time to save. Maybe next year. Maybe that will be another blog post as well.


What I don't like: 

I really don't think I've been in the organization long enough to really find anything I don't like about the system yet. The only thing I am having issues with is finding friends on the online site, but hey I just joined. I need to give it time. :-)

Your Turn -> What do you like about SCBWI?

No comments:

Post a Comment