Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My Mailbox #13


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren as a way to showcase books you have received in the mail, from the library, or by any other method during the week. 

While in Texas visiting my parents they bought me a couple of books. I've already read the The Day Before, but that was a galley and I really wanted a hardcover of my very own. So, they bought it for me. And I've been drooling over Abandon by Meg Cabot for a while now. 


The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder 

Goodreads: 
Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.
Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.
The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.



Abandon by Meg Cabot 

Goodreads: 
The first book in the brand-new dark and dangerously seductive trilogy from bestselling teen author Meg Cabot. Last year, Pierce died - just for a moment. And when she was in the space between life and death, she met John: tall dark and terrifying, it's his job to usher souls from one realm to the next. There's a fierce attraction between them, but Pierce knows that if she allows herself to fall for John she will be doomed to a life of shadows and loneliness in the underworld. But now things are getting dangerous for her, and her only hope is to do exactly what John says ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I just happened upon your blog and really like it :)
    And Abandon by Meg Cabot is a very enjoyable read. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to read it. I have a huge list of books and it's getting closer to the top of the list. :-)

    I"m off to check out your site as well.

    ReplyDelete