Friday, October 28, 2011

Busy Weeks = No Blogging

Well, I did it again. I disappeared without explanation. Sorry for the sudden disappearance. I didn't really intend to miss out on my blogging, really I didn't. In fact I've been going over blog posts that I want to do for the past week. The problem is that I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off all week. Today is the first day I have been able to sit down with my computer and write a post.

There used to be a time when I would write my posts ahead of time and schedule them for the week ahead. I find, though, that by the time a post goes up onto the blog it's a week or two behind when I actually was at that place in my writing, and things have changed. So, I made the decision to not schedule my posts too far in advance. Instead I write them the day before or the day they are supposed to go up. This, however, has become a problem for busy weeks, like this week.

Added on top I have been beta reading a story for a fellow writer. Unfortunately with all of the business in my week I've had to drag the story around with me sneaking in a page or two, here and there. I guess I didn't realize just how busy this week was going to be until I was in the thick of things. I've learned my lesson, though -> Don't schedule so much in one week, spread things out! I have finished the beta read and sent my comments off this morning. Yes, I loved the story! (Just in case you were wondering.) 

Hopefully, I can keep up with blogging this next month with NaNoWriMo going on. Speaking of NaNoWriMo, I'm so excited about my new story I can't wait for next Tuesday to get here. You can be sure that come 6 am November 1st I'll be jumping out of bed and turning on my computer to write. I already have characters sketches, plot sketches, and scene sketches completed. I'm still working on my setting sketches, but that shouldn't take too much longer. Then I can start my writing! I'm so excited!

So, in a nutshell that has been my last week. Crazy and full of busy.

Your Turn -> How do you keep up with blogging during hectic weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment