Friday, November 4, 2011

Creating New Worlds With Words

If there's anything I love about writing it's creating a new world. Usually I only create a scenario set in our world, but for NaNoWriMo I came up with an idea that is more dystopian in style than anything else I've ever written. It didn't start out that way either. I've been thinking up this world and story line since January. Seriously, that's insane for me to have been working on it on the side for so long and not writing a single word as far as word count is concerned.

It was originally a sci-fi story, then it transformed into a love story, and now finally it's a love story in the midst of a dystopian society. The characters have changed as have the paths they were supposed to take. In the last month things really started to take shape better and I finally found all of the missing puzzle pieces I had been fighting to piece together. It all just suddenly fell right into place. That, I like.

So, currently I'm creating a whole new world for my characters to discover themselves in. It's fun and exhilarating. I can see the world opening up before me and placing it on the paper. The crazy thing about this being a new world and my NaNoWriMo novel is that I have plenty need to describe the world my characters inhabit. It's a great means to add to my word count.

Now, off to write I must go! The words are calling me, or rather a particular scene is calling to me.

Your Turn -> What do you like most about creating a new story?

No comments:

Post a Comment