Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011

That's right, it's time once again for National Novel Writing Month, better known as NaNoWriMo. For those of you unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, November. If you follow writers on Twitter or Google+ you are sure to be inundated with NaNo updates. If you are participating I welcome you to add me to your buddy list on the NaNo site.

This is my second year participating and I'm so excited. This year, being my second, is entirely different. The big difference is that last year I decided to participate on October 30th, giving me two days to prepare. This year I have been planning and researching since January. I feel good about this story and I'm hoping that I will hit my 50,000 word count. Last year I only reached just over 38,000. And, that was flying by the seat of my pants.

Last year I had never attempted to write a full novel in that amount of time. It was a learning experience. This year I've been practicing. For NaNo 2010 I rewrote a novel that I had been fighting with. It was the third full round on that novel. It was also my first full novel written. Since then I've written three more novels fully. I'm still in the process of editing said novels, but I'm better prepared now than I was last year.

I've grown a lot as a writer since last year, so I'm hoping to take what I have learned and pull it together for a win this time round.

Your Turn -> Are you participating this year? Is it your first? Have you won before? Tell me a little about your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment