Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reading Reward

This month being NaNoWriMo means that I am creating a new work and when that happens I tend to lay off the reading. I tend to lose my characters voice and get too caught up in whatever book it is that my nose is stuck in. Therefore, there will be no reading for at least the first part of this month. Instead I'm actually cleaning my house.

Yup, I said it. I'm cleaning my house. I see writers all the time on Twitter claiming to be using it as a procrastination tool so they don't have to write. Not me, it's my procrastination tool so that I don't have to clean. When I sit down to write, I write. When I have time to clean, I read, I play on my iPhone, or I surf various social networks.

This month, I am refraining from reading AND procrastination. I have decided to write in the morning and during the toddler's nap time. In between those writing sprints I have decided to do a little cleaning here and there. I'm not going to overload myself cleaning non-stop, so yes I'll be relaxing occasionally. But, there will be no reading. If I read there will be NO cleaning or writing. And that will be bad.

So, since I love to read I have decided to use reading as my reward. When my house is clean, and I've finished NaNoWriMo, I will reward myself with binge reading. 

My two main goals this November:

- I will win NaNoWriMo this year!

- I will get my house cleaned before the holidays!

Your Turn -> Do you find yourself procrastinating on one particular thing?

2 comments:

  1. Sound like very, very worthy goals :) I admire people doing NaNo. It totally scares me! Good luck with the writing and cleaning :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I haven't been feeling well and kind of spaced on checking in on my blog. NaNo scared me last year, but not so much this year. Time will tell if I actually make the word count in time. lol

    ReplyDelete