Monday, December 5, 2011

"Not" My New Favorite Word

I know I'm slightly late on getting this blog done, but last week was a mess for me. I spent the first part of the week trying to finish up my NaNoWriMo novel. Yes, I won this year!!! And I turned in my word count last weekend, but I still had my goal for the month to have it completed as well. And with my toddler waking up early every morning and then taking short naps I wasn't getting that time. So, the time I would have taken to write a blog post was spent finishing that manuscript. And, It's done! I finished it Wednesday afternoon, just in the nick of time. 

Thursday I found myself delving back into Barely There to do edits. In fact it's been going a lot slower than I had anticipated. Which means that I probably won't meet my December goal of having a second draft completed on this manuscript. I was hoping to have it completed and shelved, so I could go back to my NaNo manuscript in January. I'm just not sure that will happen, though. I will have to go back and reassess my goals at the end of the month. 




But, that doesn't explain the title of this post. Does it? No! Okay, so why do I love the word 'not'? Easy, that was my 50,000 word in my NaNo manuscript this month. Since this was my first NaNo win I decided to allow myself to celebrate with dancing around the house with the two year old. I'm pretty sure my thirteen year old thought I had lost my mind. (Something I enjoy making her think.)

Yes, I still have a bit to do on my NaNo manuscript when I return to it. But, it's actually good for a first draft. The only thing I don't like is the ending. I feel it's lacking some umph. That's okay. I can rewrite the ending during edits. Not a huge problem.

Your Turn -> If you won NaNo also, what was your 50,000 word?

No comments:

Post a Comment