Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Evaluating the Situation

That's right, I'm stepping back from my WIP to reevealuate where I'm at and where I'm going. It's taking time, but I'm getting there. I was moving right along smoothly and then I got to chapter 10 and thought, "What?!!!"

Yup, this chapter is not what I want it to be. It's a disaster. I remember writing it thinking that I would fix it during revisions, but now that I'm there, I'm not enjoying it. I glossed over things that I know I really need to go into more detail with, but I'm just not sure how I am going to do this.

So for the rest of the week I'm rereading my next ten chapters and making notes on them. I'm also going to spend the time outlining this painful chapter. Hopefully by this weekend I'll know what needs to be done and do it.

I wish that writing muse would just swoop down and tell me what needs to be done instead of taking a vacation.

Your Turn -> Have you ever found yourself stuck during both the rough draft and edits at the same spot?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Totally got stuck on my tenth chapter as well!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol That's so funny that we're both stuck on the same chapter. Hopefully by next week I'll have moved on. Fingers crossed you will get out of your sticky spot as well. :-)

      Delete