Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Releases

I was thinking about all of the books that I am looking forward to this month the other day. I realized there are quite a few. In the absence of a good blog idea for today I thought that highlighting these books would be fun. Let you see a little of what I'm looking forward to. I might even keep this as a monthly post this year.

Dreaming Awake (Falling Under #2) by Gwen Hayes (January 3)


Why -> I read the first book, Falling Under, this past year and loved Theia and Hayden. Not to mention demons are involved. I read several books this year that dealt with the underworld in one way or another and this was one that I loved. After reading the ending of book 1 I am super excited to see how things turn out for Theia and Hayden. I don't want to give anything away if you haven't read the first book.

Under The Never Sky (#1) by Veronica Rossi (January 3)

Why -> 1- It's a dystopian which I grew to really love this past year, 2- There's a virtual world the characters live in, & 3- Look at that cover! 


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer (January 3) 


Why -> Um, this book has so much going for it. The main character, Cinder, is a cyborg and the synopsis sounds very Cinderella like. I love Cinderella stories. And check out that cover. Yes, covers and titles catch me. Then the synopsis. I'm guilty. 

A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2) by Beth Revis (January 10) 

Why -> The whole idea of a civilization leaving Earth in hopes of terraforming a new planet is just plain intriguing. Not to mention after having read the first book, Across the Universe, I really cant' help myself. I have to see what happens next. If you have already read it then you understand.  


 Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand (January 17) 


Why -> After reading Unearthly I'm dying to find out more about Clara, Christian, and Tyler. Oh my, Tyler! If you haven't read the first book, read it! There are so many books about fallen angels, this one is different, and in a very good way.

Fracture by Megan Miranda (January 17) 


Why -> The main character Delaney was brought back after being dead for 11 minutes. Now she has special abilities that no one understands. This is so intriguing I can't wait. Plus, this is a debut book!

Everneath (Everneath #1) by Brodi Ashton (January 24) 

Why -> As you may have noticed by the countdown widget for this book on the side bar, I have been seriously fan girling this book since I heard about it, like 6 months ago. I think. So, the main character, Nikki, spent six months in the Everneath (underworld). Now she has six months to say goodbye to her old life before the Everneath claims her forever. I Can't Wait! And that is a seriously cool cover, btw. 

Fallen In Love (Fallen #3.5) by Lauren Kate (January 24)  


Why -> I've already read Fallen and Torment. So, as much as I'd love to read this one now, I need to read book 3, Passion, first. (It's waiting on my Kindle right now - I'm backlogged)

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton (January 31) 


Why -> There was some serious demon butt-kicking in the first book, Angelfire. So, I'm hoping for a lot more. Plus, there's the issue of Will, the hot off-limits guy in Ellie's life. He's the perfect good-guy disguised as a bad-guy. 
  
As you can see I am about to have a serious reading backlog for this month alone. And, there are a bunch of Book #2's on the list. That's because I decided to do the Debut Author Challenge last year. I opted not to do it again, as I obviously have a lot of books to keep up with this year. 


Your Turn -> What are you looking forward to this month?

2 comments:

  1. I gotta admit I haven't even thought about books coming out this month because I already have so many "old" books stacking up and waiting for me (you understand!). But I LOVE your list here and am adding several to my backlogged list. I've read all the Fallen books and hadn't heard about the Fallen In Love book. Cool! Also - I HAVE to read Across the Universe because I've heard so many good things about it. If you make this a monthly blog topic, you've got me tuning in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, because I never intended on doing a monthly posting like this, but I had so much fun figuring out what was coming up this month. I am thinking of doing another post like this at the beginning of February. :-) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete