Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year and New Goals

Happy New Years! I know I'm a little late, but I was flying on New Years Day and the following day recouping from all that travel. It totally drained me.

Today I am getting myself back into my usual routine. As part of my recouping I found myself lounging around reading other blogs. Everyone seems to be doing the New Year's Resolution thing. I'm horrible at that. I think I said something last year at this time about querying in 2011, it didn't happen. I'm bad at following through with long term goals. So, this year I've decided to take it slow. I know what needs to be done, and I'm setting short term goals for myself with writing.

As of this moment I have edited 6 chapters in Barely There, and axed 2 of them. That leaves me with 4 completely edited. I have a long ways to go. I was hoping to have this edit done by the end of December. Obviously that will not be happening. Instead I am now shooting for the end of January. It's not as busy of a month and I should get things moving along.

I've been toying with the idea of making myself accountable by doing a post at the end of the month on my progress. I'm still not sure if I will do it or not.

I'm keeping it simple this year. I've decided on two separate goals for writing and non-writing. They are both big, yet there are only two of them. Keep me accountable people!!! ;-) 



My writing goal of the year: 
To at least be in the query stage with both Barely There and my yet-to-be-named NaNoWriMo novel. I have been toying with titles, but will probably throw them out there to my CPs when I have it edited and start having it critiqued. Hopefully they will be able to tell me which they like the best. I'm stuck between two and can't decide. Bad, bad, bad.

My at home goal of the year: To clean my house from top to bottom. This is a serious goal for me. When I have down time I either write or read, not clean. My brother-in-law is a clean freak, so naturally he doesn't visit often. And, I'm sure if my sister saw it her OCD would send her into clutter-shock. I'd love to see at least one of them fall over in shock that my house is spotless. lol

Your Turn -> How are you with goals? Do you have any?

No comments:

Post a Comment