Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blogging Fail

I feel like a total blogging failure these days. I used to have my blog completely under control. I used to have my posts written and scheduled to post days in advance. But, lately it seems I'm writing a quick blog the day it is supposed to go up and usually later than I'd like. I'm not sure what happened. I'm not at a loss for words, I have plenty of ideas and things to say about where I'm at in my process. I do feel like I've been more consumed in my writing and editing, though. Maybe that's what happened. I shifted my focus a little more to the writing and not so much to the blogging.

But, I'm determined to get back into my old grove and have posts scheduled and not miss days because I forgot it was blog day. Guilty of that one just last week. I was so busy I didn't realize until Wednesday that I didn't blog the day before. *headslap*

I've also been slacking on visiting other bloggers sites. Not that I haven't read them. I completely understand this fail and I really need to work on it. Back in the fall I learned about Google Reader. I installed it on my iPhone and have been much better at reading more blogs. Problem is, I don't comment. It's not easy to comment from the application. I feel better making comments from my computer. So, what's the problem? I turn on my computer, write/edit, and then I turn it off only to realize that I forgot to go comment. *headslap* I'm working on that one. In fact I think I'll go leave some comments as soon as I upload this post.

So, that is why I feel like a blogging failure these days. I am determined to fix this issue, though.

Your Turn -> Do you find it difficult to keep up with blogging on top of everything else you do?

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit it depends from weeks to weeks but I do try to post at least 2 to 3 posts a week. In terms of commenting, I really wish I could comment more...I regularly comment on several blogs and pop up on others from times to times but I read A LOT of them :D
    (and I think you should not headslap yourself that much :D don´t be too hard on yourself. It´s a tough balancing act!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elodie, for your wonderful reminder. :-) I have a tendency to be a bit hard on myself. You put a smile on my face. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes there's time to blog (and desire)and sometimes there's not. Its supposed to be fun, so I try not to stress myself about it. Writing on my MS definitely takes priority. I enjoy reading all the other blogs, but don't necessarily comment all the time. But I guess I'll have to make more time for that now, since I'm now following your blog too :)

    But don't worry about it, we all need our breaks every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow. I'll have to stop by your blog as well. I guess my problem is that I'm comparing my current self to a past self and I need to stop. I definitely have fun blogging and reading blogs. I'd just like to actually get in on the commenting fun a little more. I miss conversing with other writers.

      :-)

      Delete