Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Releases

This month's list of releases is a tad longer than April's. Since I still haven't fully caught up on the books I wanted to read from March and April, I'm in trouble this month. Especially since I'm on a wait-list at my local library for three of the five and as soon as the other two are posted I'll be wait-listed on them as well. :-)    

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth (5/1/12)

Why ->The first book, Divergent, was absolutely AMAZING! If you haven't read it, you MUST go get it now and read it. Okay, so I've rewritten why I want to read this several times and each time I seem to give away bits of Divergent. I hate spoilers, so just trust me on this one. Get it!     

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12) by Charlaine Harris (5/1/12)

Why -> I'm completely addicted to finding out what has happened with the latest installment of Sookie, her family, and friends. I'm currently playing catch up on the series right now. As of the writing of this post I'm still reading Dead in the Family and I have Dead Reckoning from the library sitting on the shelf waiting. That way I won't have another fiasco like I had at the end of March and early April. I had too many books from the library that I needed to catch up on previous installments before reading. It was a disaster. 


Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum (5/8/12)

Why -> I'm curious to find out how Kate and Vincent will make things work. Now that she knows his secret and they want to be together there are going to be consequences to his decision. I'm also guessing that there will be a lot of struggling over what he's meant to do and what she wants. I really enjoyed the first book, Die For Me, and I'm hoping to love this second installment as much.

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (5/8/12)

Why -> If you are at all familiar with the Mortal Instruments series then you'll understand why I was dying for this next installment the second I read the ending of City of Fallen Angels. Clare ALWAYS leaves you turning the page screaming for the next book. I read the first three back to back. I really should have waited until City of Heavenly Fire (#6) was released before reading book 4, but I couldn't help myself. So now, I'm dying for this book to arrive at my library. I'm sure when I read the final pages of this one I'll be antsy until next year.


Underworld (Abandon #2) by Meg Cabot (5/8/12)


Why -> I really hadn't heard anything about the first book, Abandon, when it came out last year. I kept seeing it around and the loved the cover. I read the blurb a couple times and finally when I was at a half-priced bookstore I got my own copy. It wasn't the first Hades related book I read last year, but it was by far my favorite twist. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy from the library. I'm high up on the list for this one and can't wait!


Fated (Soul Seekers #1) by Alyson Noel (5/22/12) 

Why -> I absolutely love Alyson Noel's books. I love her Immortals and Riley Bloom Series. This one is also interesting. Not like anything I've read before, so I'm excited to see something new from her.

Your Turn -> What books are you excited about releasing in May?

4 comments:

  1. Yes for INSURGENT :D And I am also very much looking forward to read UNTIL I DIE as well :D I have to check out ABANDON, I haven´t read it yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abandon is definitely my favorite on-a-whim purchase. It's so good! I hope you like it if you do get a chance to read it. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow. 10 minutes and you've reminded me of like, 6 books I want to read. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you said that, because I saw a couple other posts today that reminded me of other books that came out this month that sound interesting. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete