Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Spring Cleaning Calls

More like it's yelling at me. lol 

It's that time of year where I've got the cleaning bug. Well, not really that I have the cleaning bug so much as I seriously need to clean things up and reorganize my house. I thought I'd get started a couple weeks ago, so I set aside my editing to do so. However, I got sidetracked by a stack of books that doesn't seem to be dwindling from the library. I keep putting myself on wait lists for books and they keep coming in faster than I can read them. As a result I've been busy reading nonstop. Unfortunately that means I haven't been cleaning.

So, today I start the cleaning. My reward for getting the cleaning done is relaxing with a book. Since I'm currently reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth my incentive is pretty high. I'm already totally sucked into the book, so all I want to do is read. But, I can't read until the living room is completely cleaned and reorganized. I have made lists for each room to clean from top to bottom. I've also decided how to tackle each room.

I also have another motivation. My mom's coming, a week from tomorrow. I don't want her seeing this disaster. As a writer I tend to write instead of clean house. Big problem for me. Another reason I need to fix it up. I'm headed to Texas with my Mom and kids in two weeks for two months. I don't want to leave the house a disaster for my husband to have to deal with. I'd rather leave him in a clean house. I also don't want to return in August to a complete disaster. I want to be able to relax, simply unpack, and get right into writing/editing.

I feel like I'm going to be doing this over the next week.

Free images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Your Turn -> What do you sacrifice for writing time?

No comments:

Post a Comment