Thursday, June 21, 2012

Create-Spiration Blog Award!

Tuesday night while relaxing I thought I would take a few minutes to catch up on blogs. I have a tendency to let posts pile up and then have to wade through at least a hundred. Yes, I follow that many blogs. It can be insane, but they are all necessary, or so I tell myself.

Anyhoo, as I was reading I came across the newest post by T. Drecker over at Kidbits. She happened to have been awarded the Create-Spiration Blog Award. As I read her responses to what inspires her I was surprised to find that she'd listed me as one of those to receive the award, too. :-) YAY! *Happy Dance*




I'm now supposed to write an acceptance speech, list five things that inspire me, a song that inspires me, and spread the love to five other bloggers. So, here it goes.

I'd like to send a huge thank you to T. Drecker for finding me inspiring. I tend to think of my posts more of rambling about what I've learned along the crazy roller coaster road of writing. I'd also like to thank all of my followers for actually finding what I say interesting and sticking with me. lol :-)

Okay, so for my five inspiring things:
- My kids (especially my 13 year old and her friends! Great for MG writing.)
- Photography
- Driving (I tend to work out plot kinks at traffic lights, a lot.) 
- My awesome critique partners (Every. Single. One. Of. YOU!)
- And all the YA/MG writers out there filling up my twitter stream and Google Reader.

Listing one song that inspires me is a bit more difficult. I love music, all kinds, and pinning just one song down is extremely hard. Since I write MG and YA I tend to listen to a lot of Radio Disney and young artists. I'd have to say that anything by the younger generation is extremely inspirational in my writing, especially Taylor Swift.

First, let me say how difficult it was to choose only FIVE blogs to forward this award to. (Like I mentioned above, I follow A LOT of blogs.) And now for the drum roll please! In no particular order these are the bloggers I'm forwarding this award on to.

- Jade Hart at Dream, Write, Publish
- Elodie at Commutinggirl
- Katie Wood Ruffin
- Linda Cassidy Lewis at Out of My Mind
- Sarah Allen at From Sarah With Joy

Again, thank you T. Drecker. You're a sweetie! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Lol! You listen to Disney music too? Now I don't feel so alone.

    Glad I could surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all we've been listening to lately - lol. And thank you again. :-)

      Delete
  2. Awwww! Thanks Heather :D *blushing* :D I listen to Disney music as well from times to times (usually songs from Disney movies :D) and...I love photography too to inspire me...

    ReplyDelete