Thursday, June 14, 2012

Free Photo Websites: Part II

As you may recall I did a post a while ago about using photos on your blog. I linked to the original blog that I read and redirected you to read it. If not, go there now. I also have joined a group blog with a few other members of my local critique group called, Writers By The Shore. One of the things we wanted to do was make sure that we all use photos that are relevant to our posts in each and every post. This got me thinking. And of course I turned to that wonderful post looking for the sites I could get free photos to use for my blog posts. Times are tough and money is tight around my house. In the process of looking at these sites I thought it would be a great idea to do a series on each of the sites to help you decide which is best for you.

Today that site is Free Digital Photos

I downloaded this photo from the site as a tester and promptly began downloading other photos for my posts over at Writers At The Shore.
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2280

Here's the run down of this site:

  • The site is easy to use and you don't need to register or create an account to use any of the photos for free. 
  • They didn't have a huge amount of photos like some other sites that you can pay for, so I'm not sure how far this site will go for one blog. A supplemental site to find photos may be necessary, but this one is extremely easy to use. 
  • You have the choice to purchase photos in different sizes and for different uses if that's what you need. The picture I used could have been purchased in four different sizes between $3 and $10. 
  • If you use a free picture an attribution is required. All you need to do is click the question mark in the download free box. 
    • Attribution required ?
  • Make sure when you download the picture you DO NOT click the large blue button that says DOWNLOAD with a downward arrow. I found out the hard way. It's nothing more than a photo album that will want to actually download to your computer. I stopped that quickly, but still not a good thing to have on a site like this. There is also a green clipart one as well. BE CAREFUL!
  • The correct way to download is to the right of the picture in the box titled "Free Image Download."
Your Turn -> Have you ever used this site? If so, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment