Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May Progress Report

It's time to see what I've been up to this past month. This month was rather productive, but it doesn't look it by the number of chapters edited. I took my time editing them, though. I bought a ton of books this month. Harper Teen helped that by pricing several of their Kindle books at $2.99. I bought half of them. I also received a bunch in Amazon gift cards which I used to buy more Kindle books that I couldn't get at the library. 

Writing:
Midnight Raynne- I the hard copy editing process in the first couple days of May. And then began the editing process on the computer. This is taking significantly more time to do since there are certain things I needed to alter in the story. I didn't make those changes on the hard copy version, so yeah, it's taking a while now. In the end, though, I feel really good about these changes and the time I'm taking with it.

Cleaning House:
I spent a lot of time this month cleaning house and reorganizing. Since my toddler was born my organizational skills have slipped. I'm tired of this disorganization. This summer the kids and I are going to Texas to visit my family and I'd like to return and relax, not clean house. I have to say the house is coming along nicely.

Goals For June:
I'd like to get back to Midnight Raynne full time and not be cleaning. Like I mentioned above, I'll be in Texas this summer, so hopefully once we get there in mid-June things will calm down enough for me to sit down and edit daily again.

Read:
- Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
- The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Started) 

Books Purchased:
- Whisper by Alyson Noel
- Sleuth or Dare: Partners in Crime by Kim Harrington
- Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
- Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley
- Destined by Jessie Harrell
- Predestined (Existence #2) by Abbie Glines
- Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
- Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs) by Karen Amanda Hooper
- The Emotion Thesaurus by Becca Puglisi & Angela Ackerman
- Vanished: Books 1 & 2 of 1-800-Where-R-You by Meg Cabot
- Vanished: Books 3 & 4 of 1-800-Where-R-You by Meg Cabot
- Missing You: Book 5 of 1-800-Where-R-You by Meg Cabot
- Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
- Fated by Alyson Noel

Your Turn -> Was your May productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment