Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Reading List

I have a ridiculous list of books I'd like to read this year, but I'm planning to switch gears this summer. As I mentioned a few posts ago I'm planning on rewriting one of my half finished YA projects as a MG project. With this in mind I've already armed myself with several MG books or will be purchasing them as soon as they are released.

First up is the Riley Bloom Series by Alyson Noel. I've already read the first book, but that was when it first came out 2 years ago, so I'm going to reread it.

Radiance 

 Shimmer
 Dreamland
 Whisper 
 
The second is a new series that just came out by Kim Harrington called Sleuth or Dare. The first book came out May 1st, the second June 1st, and the third will be released on July 1st.

Partners in Crime
 Sleepover Stakeout
 Framed and Dangerous 
 
The final book on my list is one that was recommended by one of my critique partners, Archana Bharathan from Writers By The Shore

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Your Turn -> Do you have any good middle grade novels that you absolutely love, especially mysteries?


4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are going to be busy this summer. Good luck on your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very busy reading summer. Thank you so much for stopping by and the luck. I'll need it this summer. lol :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I came across your blog but I sure am glad I did! I am working on a MG level book as well. So I've been reading MG books lately. Plus, I have an eight year old daughter that loves to read. I'm reading Storybound by Marissa Burt right now. I just purchased the three books in The Penderwicks series by Jeanne Birdsall. My daughter is reading The Mapmaker and the Ghost by Tash. Another series my daughter and I both enjoyed was The Mysterious Benedict Society.

    Good luck with your sumer reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness it sounds like you will be reading as much as me this summer. Gotta love those reading daughters. Mine is 13 and taking advantage of her new Kindle and 99 cent books. lol - We have very different reading tastes.

      I'll have to take a look at the books you listed above and possibly add them to my reading list on Goodreads.

      Delete