Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Back!! Again!

I realize it's already the middle of September, but I really needed the extra time off to organize my house, as well as my thoughts. Every time I sat down and pondered what I wanted to write for a blog post, I found myself at a complete loss for words.

Luckily for me today's blog post is an easy one. While I was going through my emails yesterday I checked my spam box for the first time in almost two months. I don't check it regularly at all. When I did I was shocked. Somehow Gmail decided that some very important emails were spam! I couldn't believe it. Even emails from people in my address book were in there!

And tucked in the midst was a special email from the lovely Linda Cassidy Lewis! Now, had I not taken an almost entirely internet free break I would have known about this sooner, but since I have not only not been blogging, I haven't been reading blogs either. My GoogleReader is overflowing with posts waiting for me to read. 

Anyways, I was surprised to find that I was tagged in the Lucky 7 meme! I chose to share a piece from my WIP, Barely There.
 

     A couple of kids rushed past us to the edge of the water. They nearly stepped on Fin, but he rolled out of the way in time. 

     "Mom! Can we feed the ducks?" The little girl with pigtails hollered. 
     "I didn't bring the bread today, maybe next time." The mother said as she walked straight towards us. 

     "Better move out of the way." Fin motioned for me to move one way as he moved in the other direction. The mother walked between us to join her children. 

     "What happens when someone walks through us?" I asked.


According to the rules, go to page 7 of your WIP (or not yet published work), count down 7 lines and then select the next 7 lines to share.

I've tagged:

Katie Wood Ruffin
Jade Hart
Elodie
Christine Attardo
Tasha Seegmiller
Julie DeGuia
Tonja Drecker

5 comments:

  1. I know that WiP :D And if you ever need another round of beta reading, let me know! I really enjoyed it!

    Thanks for tagging me, I haven´t done it for ONE, TWO, THREE yet...and will definitely do it very soon :D

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I still haven't gotten back to edits yet. This purging of unnecessary items in my house is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. lol :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! The 7th line and 7 lines actually worked out great for this one. ;-) And thanks for the tag!

      Delete