Thursday, September 27, 2012

October 2012 Releases

I only have a few books that I'm excited for this coming month, but I'm seriously excited for them! 

Destroy Me (Shatter Me 1.5) by Tahereh Mafi

Why -> This is one of what I like to think of as teaser novellas. This one is told from Warner's perspective and I can't wait to read it. I'm dying to get my hands on Unravel Me. I also can't wait to see what makes Warner tick. I truly loved to hate him in Shatter Me, yet I'm afraid I may learn to understand him a little better in this novella. I still think I'll love to hate him, though. We'll see.


 Hidden (House of Night #10) by P.C.Cast & Kristin Cast (10/6/12)

Why -> Years ago I got really pulled into this series and read every book available. Then, as the new books came out I kept saying I'll read this soon, but things happened and now I am behind. I seriously love this series and the main character, Zoey. I can't wait to catch up. No, I haven't read the blurb about the book as I don't want to have the three books prior to Hidden spoiled. lol 

Finale (Hush, Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick (10/23/12)
Why -> I read the first two books in this series, but realized that I didn't like the wait between then. So, I did what I like to do. I waited to read Silence. I've been dying for the release of Finale so I can finally read Silence. Yipee! I can't wait. No, again I didn't read the back cover, spoilers. (I'm quirky that way.) 


Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Why -> A couple years ago I had heard of this great book, Beautiful Creatures, and it's follow up book, Beautiful Darkness. It was around the same time as my parents went to The Texas Book Festival in Austin. I told them a few authors I was interested in having books by and they got both books for me, signed by both Kami and Margaret! I was stoked to say the least. I quickly devoured Beautiful Creatures. Then found there was no way I was going to be able to read the second book without having the third book. Then I found out there would be a fourth book. Last year my parents went back to the festival and got Beautiful Chaos signed for me. This year I'm hoping for Beautiful Redemption as well signed, only this time it will be at the Austin Teen Book Festival. I can't wait! As soon as this book is in my hands I will be devouring them back to back, including Dream Dark, the novella sitting patiently on my Kindle. :-) I. Can't. Wait! I'm also following the movie production on Facebook and Instagram closely. I'll be one of those crazed fans out watching the midnight premier. lol 

Your Turn -> What are you looking forward to being released this month?

3 comments:

  1. These all look good! Thanks for the heads-up. I have Shatter Me on audio on my iPod, but haven't listened to it yet because I want to be able to listen to the follow-up(s) all together if I have the urge (and I have a feeling I will).

    As for any books I'm looking forward to in October, I honestly can't say, just because there always seem to be good new books available, so I never have to pay attention. I do know I'm looking forward to the third book in Beth Revis's Across the Universe trilogy, but I don't think that's coming out for another few months.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I LOVED Shatter Me! I actually have it on my Kindle, but when I was in Austin this summer I snagged a signed hardcover. I sat down to read a page and ended up reading the entire thing in no time. So good!

      I am also super excited about Shades of Earth (ATU #3) to come out. BTW it's release date is January 15. I just set up January's release post yesterday. So excited! The entire month is filled with greatness! :-)

      Delete
  2. January 15 - good to know! I just knew it was a while, but I hadn't looked up the exact date. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete