Thursday, September 20, 2012

Texas to New Jersey

I'm not sure if I mentioned it on a previous blog or not, but instead of flying back to New Jersey my dad, my toddler, and I drove back from Texas. I thought I'd do a post on that trip. It was great! :-) As someone who mostly flies, driving was definitely a nice change of pace and fun.

My dad was the one who found out about an app called HipGeo for chronicling trips. So, we both tried it out. It wasn't until we had been on the road for two days when I realized that I had to actually "publish" each of my posts, until then, they were simply drafts. No big deal. It was actually better that way. Why? I found that it actually gave the exact coordinates to my parents' house when we left & mine when we arrived. Naturally, I didn't publish those two posts as a result.

It was fun, though. I thought I had to do posts for everything, but it did posts automatically as well. When we crossed state lines it noticed and created it's own posts. It was cool! You can check out my travel blog here.

The highlight of our trip was The Blue Ridge Parkway. It took forever to get just a short distance, but it was well worth it. For those of you new to my blog, my dad is a photographer and this was a great chance for him to get new shots. You can view his Flickr page if you would like. I think he has only put a couple pictures up so far from that trip. He has so many shots to go through still.

And, yes I took a ton of pictures myself. I thought I would share a selection of them with you. :-)

Headed into the Smokey Mountains!
From Tanbark Ridge Overlook.
My dad in action.
From Classmine Falls Overlook.
Mt. Mitchell - The highest point east of the Mississippi.
From Deer Lick Gap Overlook.
Tablerock Mountain Overlook.
Price Lake.
Sims Pond.
Clouds. The sign was missing from this overlook, so I have no title for it.

I hope you enjoyed the photos. To see more you can visit my Flickr page.

Have a great weekend and I'll be back next week with a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment