Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Deadline or Bust

The deadline is set! I am constantly setting goals for myself and occasionally I meet them, sometimes I fall short. Things happen along to slow the process down, constantly. My summer was not nearly as productive as I had hoped it would be. Then I started cleaning house and that slowed me down. Most recently it was Hurricane Sandy - that put me back by two weeks, one for the power outage and another because I was emotionally strained from seeing everything so messed up here on the shore.

But I need to set a deadline and stick to it. In an email last week I told my critique group that my current deadline is December 15th. I want to have the revisions completed by then so I can send them out to my lovely beta readers, and maybe a new pair of fresh eyes as well. While they look over the manuscript I will be stressing over the synopsis and query letter. *cringing*

Once I get back comments and have both the synopsis and query letter completed it's off to agents. I am already super nervous about this entire process, but I know this particular project is ready, almost. I just need to finish the revisions, by December 15th.

Now you have to hold me to this deadline! I am counting on my writer friends to keep me on target. If you see me goofing around on Twitter ask me if I have achieved my daily editing goal. If not, you have my permission to yell at me to GET EDITING! lol

On that note, I am headed off to do some more editing. And I will leave you with a couple of pictures from my trip to San Angelo, Texas where Barely There is set. 

San Angelo Visitor's Center, the Concho River side.
Historic Fort Concho, the barracks side.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hope the editing goes smoothly, and I will definitely hold you to that deadline :P

    ReplyDelete