Thursday, December 13, 2012

How to Survive Ancient Spells & Crazy Kings - Official Blog Tour

   
Published by Pugalicious Press
When Bianca and Melvin brave the jungle to rescue their grandfather, they stumble upon the ancient Maya city of Etza, where the people haven’t aged in 2,000 years. They must learn to work together as they face loincloth-wearing skeletons from the underworld, a backstabbing princess, and an ancient prophecy that says in three days the city will be destroyed. No problem. They’ll find Zeb and zip right out of there. The fact that a crazy king wants to serve Bianca up to the gods as an appetizer is just a minor technicality. But this ancient evil dude has finally met his match.

 In this excerpt, Bianca's life is about to be turned completely upside down!

Excerpt from Chapter 4


“Just think. These are thousands of years old,” Melvin said, breathless. He touched them like he’d found the Holy Grail.

I studied the hieroglyphics chiseled into the face of the stone. The circular shapes and lines meant nothing to me. “Too bad they can’t tell us where to find Zebulon.”

“Do you think he’s here somewhere?”

I ran my fingers across the dusty stone. I’d hoped to find Zeb in the park, right away. “I hope so.”

“You know,” Melvin said, pausing. “I’m really good at keeping secrets.”

“I know, and I’m glad you’re here.”

I turned to see Melvin’s silhouette in the sun. I wanted to tell him about the necklace I’d stolen but I doubt he’d ever stolen anything. Not even a cookie. But that could be due to Aunt June’s penchant for adding finely chopped vegetables into the recipe.

A roar echoed from the jungle.  

Bomp ba bomp. Bomp ba bomp.

 “Hear that?” I asked.

My skin prickled, and I whipped around expecting to see something, maybe the old lady again, but there was only the burial temples and jungle.

“What?”

 The beating drums grew louder, pounding in my ears. The necklace tingled against my skin. I slowly turned to face the open plaza. My throat constricted until I gasped for air. I couldn’t believe it.

 Melvin grabbed my arm. “Bianca. What is it? Tell me.”

Thanks, Heather, for hosting me on the tour!  
How To Survive Ancient Spells and Crazy Kings released in November. Pugalicious Press did a fantastic job, and I’m extremely happy with the results. This book would make a fantastic gift for boys or girls who enjoy adventure stories with lots of excitement!
You can purchase it on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. You can read the first chapter here. Check out the teacher's guide. Thankfully, my journey is just beginning and I’m excited to see where it leads. Click here for the list of blog tour stops! Enter to win these prize packages!

Prize Package One (signed paperbacks)


Prize Package Two (signed paperbacks)


Prize Package Three

 
Refresh the page if you can't see the Rafflecopter form! a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment