Thursday, December 27, 2012

January 2013 Releases

OMG! There are so many releases this month that I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I'm seriously going to need to lock myself away from the world and my family to get through this list any time soon. I haven't had a list like this in a while! And mixed into this list are the final books in three separate trilogies I have been following since they debuted in 2011. I'm anxiously awaiting their endings to see how it all turns out. Here goes nothing!


Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder (1/1/13)

Why -> I'm a huge fan of Schroeder's books, all of them including the MG & children's books. I can't wait to see what she has in store with this full novel, that's NOT in verse, her first YA like this. Did I mention I can't wait? Well, I can't!



The Essence (The Pledge #2) by Kimberly Derting (1/1/13)

Why -> I really enjoyed the first book in this series, The Pledge, last year. I am excited to see what happens with Charlaina in this installment.


The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington (1/1/13)

Why -> Um, I seriously enjoy Harrington's mysteries. I'm a huge fan of hers and I can't wait to read the latest book by her. She's quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, ever.


Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush (1/2/13)

Why -> Secrecy, mysteries, and teens on the run? Sounds like a good not-going-to-put-down read.


A Dance With Darkness (Anglefire #0.5) by Courtney Allison Moulton 
 
Why -> Although this novella doesn't appear to have Ellie or Will it still looks good. I love the kick-ass characters Moulton has created with this series, so I'm sure I will love this one too.


The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon (1/8/13)

Why -> This looks like a very intriguing dark mystery. It's not the usual for me, but I thought it looked very good, so it's on my list.


Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi (1/8/13) 

Why -> I've heard so much goodness about this series. I currently have Under the Never Sky hanging out on my Kindle, awaiting me to read it. The problem is, I'm afraid I'll read it and not be able to wait for the next book. So while I haven't read the first book I'm axiously awaiting the second, and third books. I want to read them all, at once, devour their wonderful stories back to back.

Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis (1/15/13) 

Why -> I have been following this series since the first book was released in 2011 and can't wait to see what happens next. I'm super excited about it too. This is the series that really got me interested in YA sci-fi. I'm even working on editing my own sci-fi after getting the sci-fi bug. I also had the chance to go to one of Revis' signings this summer. She is so awesome and funny. Love her! I can't wait to read more projects by her. I'm sad that this will be the ending of this series, but hoping to read more from her in the future.

Level 2 (The Memory Chronicles #1) by Lenore Appelhans (1/15/13)

Why -> Afterlife, rebellion, angel guardians, and the fate of man kind sounds very interesting. Intriguing and I can't wait to read it and find out what happens.


Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton (1/22/13) 

Why -> Oh la la, one of my favorite new trilogies. I love the world Ashton created with Everneath and can't wait to sink my teeth into this one! I will be devouring it as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand (1/22/13)

Why -> I'm so sad that this is the final installment in the Unearthly trilogy, but super excited to see how it ends all at once. I love Hand's writing and the world she has created. Not to mention she set her story in Wyoming, where I was born. I love Wyoming and it's great to have it depicted in a novel. I also love the characters and their struggles. I can't wait to see what Hand has in store after this trilogy. 


The Archived (The Archived #1) by Victoria Schwab (1/22/13) 

Why -> I love the idea of this book, Mac collects histories from the dead. I became a fan of Schwab's with her debut, The Near Witch, which was excellent. I can't wait to dive into this new world she has created and follow the mystery.


Shadows in Silence (Angelfire #3) by Courtney Allison Moulton (1/29/13) 

Why -> Another of my favorite trilogies ending this month. I truly love this trilogy and the characters. They are so amazing and after Wings of the Wicked I'm truly hanging on edge to find out what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment