Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November Progress Report

This month was a disaster on all fronts except for reading. We started out the month with no power and a huge hit to my psyche thanks to Hurricane Sandy. A month later and I'm still not fully back to my normal routine. Then again there has been so much going on around here I haven't had the time to get back to normal at all. I'm hoping December will throw me back on track and help me get back into things. 

Writing
I had hoped to have Barely There edited and out to my beta readers by now, but that just didn't happen. The beginning of the month was a wash due to Hurricane Sandy and the last half was difficult with headaches and neck issues. I'm officially beginning physical therapy for my neck this week, so I'm hoping the pains will begin to subside. Hopefully! And I'm super determined to get this manuscript polished by Christmas, new deadline. Zoinks!

Goals For December
I would like to have Barely There completed. At this point I'm not sure I will have it done in time to have beta readers look at it by the end of the month. It is holiday season and there's no way I have time to fit in a lot of reading, let alone expect anyone else to as well. I do have one publisher I would love to send it to, but I'm doing that wavering thing and not sure they'll like it. So, I'm debating on sending the query out before I have my betas look at it or not. I'm torn here. 


Read:
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel by Bree Despain
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
After edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling  


Books Purchased:
So Close to You by Rachel Carter
Roar and Liv by Veronica Rossi
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Don't Fear the Reaper by Michelle Muto
The Book of Lost Souls by Michelle Muto
Free Four by Veronica Roth

Your Turn -> Please tell me your November was more productive than mine. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment