Thursday, January 3, 2013

Year in Review - 2012

I noticed several other blogs doing end of the year posts and thought it might be fun. I realize I am a little behind, since it is not 2012 anymore, but that is okay. Here is my year in review as far as my writing and reading is concerned. 

Writing:

WIP1: Stone Magic - I had not planned to even touch this project, but I had a sudden epiphany one morning and could not help myself. I began reassessing my current story line and realigning my outline to match the new story line. This was actually really fun and I made amazing use of my Scribener software, which I had not previous utilized much. There are still some kinks to work out, but with a little more simmering they should work out.

WIP2: Midnight Raynne - This one needs major simmering. I polished it off this past year, but found that I still do not really like the entire story. I haven't been able to put my finger on it, exactly, but there is a problem with this story. For now I have shelved this project, with the hope I will eventually figure out what the problem is and fix it.

WIP 3: Barely There - I edited this one through early in the year, sent it to my awesome critique partners and beta readers, and the began polishing it. I had hoped to have it out on submission by now, but my headaches from the herniated discs in my neck caused a bit of a hiccup in my plans. I have not been on the computer much at all over the last month or so. As a result, the polishing of this WIP suffered.

WIP4: Untitled - I didn't really touch this one at all this year. I did have an idea to take it to the next level, but never found the time to really do the research required. I have a list of books and articles to read in order to make sure I make all the necessary changes in the outline. This project is still in the draft stage and I would like to have all of my research completed for this new level of the story before I edit it.

Reading:

  1. The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
  2. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting 
  3. Everneath by Brodi Ashton 
  4. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich 
  5. Bloom by Julie A. Lindsey 
  6. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer (Yes, I've read it multiple times and I don't care what anyone says about it. I liked it.) 
  7. A Million Suns by Beth Revis 
  8. Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
  9. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand  
  10. Dreaming Awake by Gwen Hayes
  11. Fever by Lauren DeStefano 
  12. Perception by Kim Harrington
  13. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  14. The Goddess Hunt by Aimee Carter (short)
  15. Seeds of Wither by Lauren DeStefano (short)
  16. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
  17. Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
  18. Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
  19. Goddess Interrupted Aimee Carter
  20. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
  21. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris 
  22. Samsara by Jade Hart (One of my amazing crit partners) 
  23. The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
  24. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
  25. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  26. Death by Chocolate by Julie A. Lindsey
  27. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  28. Query by C.J. Redwine (craft)
  29. Under the Banyan Tree by Toni De Palma (Another of my amazing crit partners) 
  30. Shimmer by Alyson Noel
  31. Dreamland by Alyson Noel
  32. Whisper by Alyson Noel 
  33. Ocean Kills by Jade Hart (Amazing crit partner who just self pubbed this amazing book.) 
  34. The Ultimate Fiction Thesaurus by Sam Stone (craft)
  35. The Snows of Olympus by Arthur C. Clarke (research)
  36. Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (short)
  37. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
  38. Foretold edited by Carrie Ryan (anthology)
  39. Hana by Lauren Oliver (short)
  40. The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter (short)
  41. Enchanted Alethea Kontis
  42. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
  43. The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel by Bree Despain (short)
  44. How to Survive Ancient Spells and Crazy Kings by Laura Pauling 
  45. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger 
  46. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  47. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 
  48. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
  49. Lost Scene from Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (short)
  50. After edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling (anthology)
  51. Free Four by Veronica Roth (short)
  52. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier 
  53. Night Star by Alyson Noel 
  54. Everlasting by Alyson Noel 
  55. Radiant by Cynthia Hand (short)
  56. Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
Did you do an end of the year post? If so add a link to it below.

2 comments:

  1. There's so many New Year Resolution posts, that this was really refreshing! That's a pretty big list of books read. Here's wishing you the best for your writing endeavors!

    ReplyDelete