- Possibly the most user-friendly of the bunch.
- Easy to add multiple shelves, add books, and rate them.
- Easy to add a review.
- Lots of people use the site.
- Easy to find the books I am looking for. They are almost always listed.
- Not all books I searched for came up. (Missing some small publishers books. Self-pubbed are there.)
- Easy to create collections and add books to them.
- Easy to rate books.
- Missing cover images for several books, including some high profile YA books.
- Easy to add review to books.
- Easy to add bookshelves and books. (Missing self-pubbed authors books.)
- Again, hard to find some titles.
- One big plus is if you can't find a title it is very easy to suggest the book and they are very quick to add it.
- Yet, at the same time, I found it very difficult to add the book I suggested to my actual "read" shelf. It would only show up on my "currently reading" shelf.
- I have no idea how to mark a book on my "currently reading" shelf as "read." I'm completely lost on this function.
- Rating system is much better. Sometimes on Goodreads I would like to rate a book with 4-1/2 stars, but you can't. On Reading Room you can! I like this function.
- Once more not all books I have read are listed. (Missing self-pubbed authors books.)
- Only choice of 2 bookshelves: Read or Want to Read.
- When adding a book 3 choices: Want to Read, Not for Me, or buy the book. So how do I add it to my read shelf without buying the book through them?
- Easy to rate a book. Even if it's still sitting on your "Want to Read" shelf.
Have you tried out these other Virtual Bookshelves? What are your thoughts? Which do you prefer?