Tuesday, April 23, 2013

2013 Favorite Reads - 1st Quarter

I've been reading a lot this year so far. And I mean a ton. A little over three months into the year and I'm nearly to my goal for the entire year. I think I'm going to have to up that goal, soon. So many of the books I've read have been fantastic, so I decided I would do a little post to highlight some of them.

In the first three months of this year I've read twenty-four books and five novellas. Yikes! For me, that's a lot. I tried to keep my list to only ten favorites and ended up settling on eleven. Honestly I've read so many good books this year already.

So here are my favorites from that time period:

The Dead and the Buried by Kim Harrington - Totally amazing ghost story and mystery. LOVED it! She does the mystery genre so well she makes me want to write mystery, but I'm not that talented at it. If you like ghost stories and mysteries, read this one. 

Altered by Jennifer Rush - OMG! This was so AH-Mazing! If you haven't read it, you seriously need to. Great debut!

Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi - I'm beyond obsessed with this series. I can't wait for the third book to release next year. And if you haven't read the short story, Roar and Liv, you need to as well. Love Roar! He's such an awesome secondary character.

Mirage by Kristi Cook - Oh, love me some vampire and paranormal fix. Loved this book and the ending, AHHHH I can't wait for Eternal to come out later this year. Seriously can't wait to see what happens! 

Boundless by Cynthia Hand - The final book in the Unearthly trilogy. So freaking good! I loved the ending, bitter sweet, I guess you could say. It ended the only way it really could, and should have. Totally loved Clara, Tucker, and Christian again.

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis - OMG! Another beyond amazing book. If you haven't read the Across the Universe trilogy yet, YOU MUST. If only to get to this book and read it. Seriously read it! You'll understand.

Spellcaster by Claudia Gray - So freaking good! I loved this book and the twists and turns and characters. Oh, so good. I can't wait for the next two books to find out what happens. Such a great series and world that she has created with this one.

The Infernal Devices trilogy: Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, & Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. OOOOOHHHHHH the love of these characters and their world. I seriously love Cassandra's books. And now I find out there are two other trilogies she has planned in the shadow hunter realm. I. Can't. Wait!

What are your favorite reads so far this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment