Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April 2013 Releases

Oh the books releasing this month! So many good ones and I'm still catching up on books from the last several months, but eventually I'll get to all of these as well.

The Collector (Dante #1) by Victoria Scott (4/2/13)
Why -> Seriously, what's not to like about this one? Dante's a soul collector. One last soul to collect and he gets his ticket out of Hell. But this last collection will test him as a collector and his emotions. This is also another book from my 2013 DAC list, which I'm very behind in reading.

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire (4/2/13) 
Why -> If you have not yet read Beautiful Disaster you must read it now. And then grab this one, it's from Travis's perspective. I can't wait to read this. I was so glued to the pages during the first book. I'm excited to see how Travis saw things when he met Abby.


Die For Her (Die For Me #2.5) by Amy Plum (4/2/13)
Why -> I love this trilogy! I can't believe where she left off after the second book, Until I Die. While I wait for the third and final book, Should I Die, I will make do by reading this novella from Jules' perspective. I am excited to finally see what it's like for him. After all he's fallen in love with his best friend's girlfriend. And I definitely don't want to give away what happened at the end of book 2, but that only makes this more interesting to me. 





 
Dead River by Cyn Balog (4/9/13) 
Why -> I'm not too big on thrillers, but something about this one is just screaming at me to read. Prom weekend, a remote cabin, a river named The Dead River, and they aren't alone. Spooky!

Dead Silence (Body Finder #4) by Kimberly Derting (4/16/13)
Why -> This is the final book in the Body Finder Series and I have yet to read book 3, The Last Echo. So no I haven't read the blurb for this one, don't want to spoil book 3. But, I loved the first two books in this amazing series. I love Violet and her ability to sense where dead bodies are is very creepy, but interesting at the same time. I have both on order at the library and hope to have them read by the end of the month.

Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman (4/16/13)
Why -> Um, this sounds so good. In a town where there are no men and boys are taken on their eighteenth birthday the only option is to be taken or risk everything and climb the wall to the outside. I can't wait to read this one, plus it's one of the books on my 2013 DAC list.

The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass (4/23/13) 
Why -> I really enjoyed the first book, The Selection, and I loved Prince Maxon in it. I can't wait to see how America works her way through being in the elite group of girls vying for his heart. I'll admit it now, I didn't like Aspen much in the first book. So I'm not sure how I will feel about him in this second installment. I guess we'll see.

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins (4/30/13) 
Why -> Honestly I haven't read the first book yet, Sweet Evil. It's patienty waiting for me to get through this pile of library books and to turn my attention to my Kindle books. But I heard such great things about the first book that I'm positive I'll want to read this one as well. So it's on my list of books to read this month, I just need to read the first book. Oh, and the cover - swoon. I love great covers.

Tell me what books you are excited about releasing this month that I missed in my list.









No comments:

Post a Comment