Honestly when I wrote the story there was a different story line and it was set in a different world than I now want it to go in. As a result I have found that my original inciting incident is not working. It is not sitting well with me and feels as if it is lacking in some fashion.
So, I have been toying with a couple of other ideas as for what the incident should be. I have also come to find that I have several questions I feel I must answer with regards to this new inciting incident. I want to make sure it works, and is without major issues. I do not want to have to rework this again.
- Does the inciting incident upend my protag's life in a major way?
- What were her goals previously in life?
- What does she need to do now to restore balance to her life?
- How does she feel about this?
- What is her conscious goal?
- What is her unconscious goal?