Tuesday, April 30, 2013

May 2013 Releases

May brings a whole new stack of releases that is going to break me. lol There are so many this month that I really want to read. And among them are three DAC books. Yippee! Luckily for me, the next few months slow down in the releases I'm excited for. I may be able to catch up on this month's releases, maybe, possibly, by the December. :-P

Slated by Teri Terry (5/3/13) 
Why -> This owe looks really interesting. Kyla's had her memory erased, lost her personality, and she's being told she's was a terrorist who is being given a second chance. However, her past is breaking through to her and the pieces are not adding up. The first DAC book of this month.

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris (5/7/13) 
Why -> Seriously how can it really be over? This is the final installment in the Sookie Stackhouse southern vampire novels and I am so going to miss Sookie. At least I can still watch True Blood. lol As I write this post I have the previous book, Deadlocked, from the library sitting on my shelf. So, honestly I have yet to read the blurb for this one. Not that I need to read the blurb to know whether I will want to read it or not. I've read the previous 11 books in the series. Of course I'm going to want to read the 13th and final book, once I finish reading book 12.

Mystic (Soul Seekers #3) by Alyson Noel (5/7/13)
Why -> I love Alyson Noel's writing. No, I haven't read the first two books in this series yet, so I have yet to read the blurb. I do, however, have the first two books on my bookshelf waiting. Once the final book is released later this year I will read all four back to back. Is it October yet? lol

Reboot by Amy Tintera (5/7/13) 
Why -> This is one of those DAC books that has had me drooling for its release. The main character, Wren, is a reboot. A young girl who died and came back as the perfect soldier for the Republic of Texas. And now she's training new reboots. This looks so good, like a dystopian sci-fi. I can't wait to read this one.

Icons by Margaret Stohl (5/7/13) 
Why -> This is the first solo book for Margaret Stohl and it looks so amazing. Humans lost a war for Earth in one day, a war they had no clue they faced. But a few have survived. Dol is one of them, and now she is forced to learn why she's different. Why she didn't drop dead with the rest of humanity on The Day? 

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (5/7/13) 
Why -> This is another end of humanity book that looks super good. Being alone is the only way to survive in a world where you can't trust Them, the ones who aren't human but look it. Yup, this looks really good.

If I Should Die (Revenants #3) by Amy Plum (5/7/13)
Why -> OMG I loved the first two books in this series. And with the way the second one left off, I can't wait to get my hands on this final installment. I need to know what happens to Vincent and Kate. I also still have to read the novella that comes just before this one, Die for Her, told from Jules' POV. I'm really looking forward to this one!  


Inferno by Dan Brown (5/14/13) 
Why-> Years and years ago my dad mentioned this book, The DaVinci Code. I read it and loved it. after reading it my dad mentioned there was a book before it, Angels and Demons, so I read that one and was only more intrigued. I truly love these conspiracy theory, mystery, fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat, can't-put-down books. Especially since the protagonist, Robert Langdon, is so average, aside from his knowledge. He could be anyone, and that is what makes him such a great protag to follow. So, yet again, I will rush out and get this forth book, drop everything, and read it.

School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins (5/14/13) 
Why -> I love magic is books. The first manuscript I wrote has magic in it, and it's still unfinished. This book only shows how much of a book buying obsession I have, and how I seriously need more time to read. lol This is a spin-off series from the Hex Hall trilogy, of which all three books are sitting on my Kindle waiting for me to read. Once I read those, I will read this one. Either way, I can't wait to get my fix of magic in this book.

Transparent by Natalie Whipple (5/21/13) 
Why -> I've been following Natalie Whipple's blog for a while now, so naturally I am very interested in reading her debut. Not to mention the fact that the protagonist is actually invisible! Forced to do her father's illegal dirty work leads to Fiona and her mother fleeing. But her father isn't giving up on getting her back.


What are you looking forward to releasing in May? What books did I miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment