Thursday, May 9, 2013

Brainstorming

Ah, the wonderful world of brainstorming is upon me. As I have been reading writing craft books and reading a multitude of other published books I have been brainstorming. Of course, most of it has been in my head.

But now comes my favorite part of the brainstorming. The point where I sit down with my computer and type the heck out of information for my story that I don't have to edit. No one will see this, it doesn't matter how messy or out of order it is, it's for me and me alone. I love this purging of information. I don't have to worry if I'm telling more than showing, it's nearly all telling.

It is a refreshing time for me before I get down to the nitty gritty. Soon I will be revising the heck out of this story, and when I do I will be worried about the showing and telling, the wording, the timing, and a million other things. But, I will have all of these insanely messy notes to refer to. Hopefully they will help me create a much better draft that will need minimal editing when finished.

I can't wait!!!!

How do you brainstorm?

2 comments:

  1. I actually sat down and wrote a detailed outline, character profiles, tension plans and drew lots of pictures for my current WIP - all in the name of brainstorming ;)

    BTW - I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. So you might want to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love the brainstorming process, it's so much fun.

      Thank you so much!! Eek! You're awesome!

      Delete