Thursday, May 30, 2013

June 2013 Releases

Yay! I've been waiting for June's releases for a while, a long while now. What do I mean? Well, you'll have to see what's below that I'm excited about and why to understand. :-)

Phoenix (Black City #2) by Elizabeth Richards (6/4/13)  
Why -> I have yet to read Black City, but it looks so amazingly good. Therefore, Phoenix had to make the list. I may be waiting until the third book releases until I read this trilogy. I have been enjoying that as of lately.

One by LeighAnn Kopans (6/10/13) 

Why -> Oh this looks so good. In world where you're either a Super (with two powers) or a normal (no powers) having one power makes you a freak. Merrin can only hover, because she's a one. Thanks to her chemistry skills she has a chance for an internship with the Hub, who researches superpower manifestation. Then she meets another One, Elias, and together their Ones combine allowing them to fly, like Supers. And then there's the revelation that the Hub might be more sinister than Merrin thought.

Triangles by Kimberly Ann Miller (6/18/13)

Why -> Well aside from the fact that Kimberly is one of my amazing critique partners this book is super alluring. I'm so excited for Kimberly and her debut book! A cruise ship, two guys, the Bermuda Triangle, and alternate realities that could become permanent. Seriously, that's all that needs to be said to catch my attention. I. Can't. Wait.

Solstice by P.J. Hoover (6/18/13) 

Why -> Oh my goodness, another amazing book I've been dying to get my hands on. So I read the original version that was released in 2011, but Hoover now has a shiny new deal with Tor Teen and the book has had a makeover. I can't wait to read this, again and see what's new. The original, by the way, was awesome! And the best, it's set in Austin, my hometown. So. Excited.

Defy the Dark edited by Saundra Mitchell (6/18/13)

Why -> I've definitely enjoyed some of the recent anthologies with current YA authors. I like them, partly, because they give a chance for me to discover authors I've never read before. I have a list of authors from other anthologies that I can't wait to read their novels, based on their short story writing. Plus, I get to enjoy authors I love, who I've read all of their books (Beth Revis). lol

Hidden by Marianne Curley (6/25/13) 

Why -> Ebony has been sheltered, secluded, home-schooled - hidden for her entire life. But things are changing. She's getting more beautiful every day, stronger, and she's glowing. When she meets Jordan, the boy she's drawn to, something happens to her, something that can be seen from Heaven. That's because she's a stolen angel, and Heaven has found her, but she doesn't know it. Stolen angels? Oh, this one looks so good!

What books are you excited for releasing this month? Did I miss any big ones? I usually do and learn about them as the month goes by. *sigh*

1 comment: