Thursday, May 23, 2013

Liebster Award!

I've been given the Liebster Award by the fabulous Tonja Drecker over at KidBits. If you don't follow her, you really should. I love her blog!


Here are the rules:

The Liebster Rules: 1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. 2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself. 3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger. 4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post. 5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees. 6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated. 7. No tag backs.

Here are my 11 facts:

1) I am horrible at sports, seriously. I did belong to a summer swim league for a couple years in middle school, and didn't hurt anyone.
2) I was a German major my first two year of college. Then switched to English.
3) I finally majored in history!
4) I love photography. 
5) I LOVE genealogy research. I'm one of those nuts who goes through old obituaries looking for treasures.
6) I hate scary movies, loathe them. But I absolutely love watching Ghost Hunters and the Haunted Collector.
7) I would rather read than watch TV most days.
8) I'm a huge Twilight fan, I don't care what anyone says.
9) I have 119 unread books sitting on my Kindle. 
10) I enjoy cooking.
11) I want to relearn German and learn French in the very near future.

Next up, Tonja's 11 questions for me:

1) Can or could you hula-hoop?

When I was a kid I was really good at the hula-hoop, loved it. Now? I haven't tried in years, so I don't know. I'll have to try this summer.

2) What is your favorite outfit to wear? Jeans, sweats, a special sweater?

Sweats! I only dress up when I leave the house. When I'm home, its sweats and t-shirts. 
3) Do you prefer french fries or onion rings? With ketchup, mayonaisse, or something else?

Onion rings with a mixture of ketchup and mayo. 
4) What was your favorite book as a child and why?

I loved the Berenstain Bears' books. I still have them! 
5) If you had a teleporter, where would you go?

Germany! I went there when I was 16 and that has been my top place to return to ever since. I loved it. My dad is actually from a small town northeast of Munich and I'd love to return there to visit with family.

6) What is your favorite joke?

I don't really have a favorite joke, but there is one that I like only because I find it stupid. I know someone who does think this is the best joke ever, so that makes it really funny to me. 
Okay: What do you call a fish without and eye? A fsh.

7) What was the best present you've ever received?

My husband gave me diamond earrings for his birthday one year. It was funny because he asked me to get him something that was right next to the jewelry box. I grabbed it without noticing the box. He had to ask me for things next to the box three times before I noticed it. He still won't let me live it down. Any other woman would have noticed a jewelry box, not me.

8) Do you sing in the shower?

Heck no! My family would laugh at me for days. I stink at singing. No talent there.

9) How many pets have you had in your life so far, and what were they?

6 cats and 3 dogs! 
Krasni - An Irish setter my grandparents gave my parents when they got engaged. I was devastated when he died.
Tiger & Bootsie - My cat and my sister's cat when we were in elementary school. 
Rosie & Hazel - The cats we got when Bootsie died. Tiger was still around. 
Cassie - A German Shepherd we had when I was in high school. Poor dog was surrounded by cats. 
Fiver & Smokey - More cats. Smokey died a few years ago. 
Bailey - My dad's Rat Terrier. I say my dad's because he adopted my dad and no one else in the family.
We don't currently have any animals in my house, but my parents still have Fiver and Bailey (and my sisters dogs.)

10) What three books do you think everyone should read?

Oh my goodness, only three?
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi.
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. 

11) What was the last thing you ate?

Um, cheetos. Hey, come on I need something to snack on while I edit. lol


Now for the 11 bloggers I nominate:

1) Elodie 
2) Carissa Taylor
3) Julie DeGuia
4) Tasha Seegmiller
5) Christine Attardo
6) Linda Cassidy Lewis
7) Mary Cain
8) Lauri Meyers
9) Jade Hart
10) Sarah Allen
11) Leslie Pugh

And, finally, my 11 questions for the nomonies:

1) What is your favorite TV show of all time?
2) What is your favorite writing/editing snack?
3) If you had to move and could live anywhere you wanted, where would you move? 
4) What are your top three favorite books?
5) When is the most productive time of day for you to write/edit?
6) Where did you go on your last vacation?
7) Coffee or tea?
8) What is your favorite social media website?
9) Which yet-to-be-released book are you most looking forward to reading?
10) When you were in grade school what did you want to be when you grew up?
11) What is your favorite sports team?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Heather! I love watching ghost hunters too, even though it always makes me jump when they hear tiny sounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love reading your posts. And I jump too at every little thing they hear or see. Yet I still can't watch the fake Hollywood ghost movies. lol

      Delete