Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'm a Side Seat Reader

Do you ever feel the need to correct people when they read something and say it incorrectly? Well, this is something I have an issue with. Any time my husband or daughter mispronounce something I just can't help myself. Over the years they've started to roll their eyes at me and wave me away from them. 

But the other night I was given a nickname thanks to this habit of mine. Side Seat Reader! 

My three year old son loves to read. We go to the library regularly and check out a stack of board books for him at a time. Every night before bed I sit with him and read at least two books. Except the other night my husband decided to join in and read a book to him. One of the characters in the book is named Minka. As my husband read he kept saying Meeka. Having this bad habit, I corrected him. So the rest of the story he put emphasis on Minka, and looked at me pointedly. I laughed the whole time.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this habit. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment