Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Break

Well, it's that time of year again. That time where I'm so busy my head is spinning and I'm barely keeping up with every day things. Since I have missed a few blogs recently I thought I'd check in quickly.

Writing: 
I'm still busy brainstorming my rewrite on my NaNoWriMo 2011 project. Scenes are unfolding and rearranging in my head daily. I still need to get everything sorted out before I really dive in and do the major rewrite.

Reading: 
I've been devouring book after book since my neck has been really giving me problems as of lately. I can do things usually for the first half of the day and then my neck is usually hurting so bad I need to put some heat on it and relax. What better way to relax than to read a good book.

Writing Craft Reading: 
I'm still in the midst of reading books on writing. Currently I'm reading Writing Irresitible KidLit by Mary Cole. I'd like to finish it before I get into this big rewrite. She has some really good information that I intend to use towards my rewrite.

Languages: 
I grew up with German grandparents who spoke German regularly. As a teenager I had my Oma begin teaching me German and then in high school I took three years of German and one year of French. I also took four semesters of German in college. Since then I have lost much of what I learned. It's hard keeping a language you no longer use. So my dad signed up for a German course through Rocket Languages and he got me a family package. So we are both working hard on getting back to where we once were. Not to mention my daughter took French this past year as a Freshman and she had issues with it. So now she and I are both doing the French course through Rocket Languages. Yes, I think I might be in over my head with this, but it's fun and I love languages.

Blogging: 
As a result of being so busy this summer with the kids, going to Texas, my neck pains, reading, writing, and learning languages I've decided to scale back on my blogging. I have a few posts scheduled throughout the summer for book promos, but other than that I'm not sure how much I will be posting. However, I will still be posting over on Writers by the Shore every other Thursday. 

Have a great summer!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment