Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Summer Update

Oh so much is happening these days that I'm glad I put blogging on hold for the summer. Seriously there's been so little time that I've hardly read anything. I'm currently reading my third book since mid-July. Not only that I haven't done a huge amount on my rewrite yet.

Every summer I return to Austin from the Jersey Shore to visit my family, but this year I made the big move back to Austin. So things have been really crazy between getting settled and the normal summer craziness of having both my kids and my nephew home. Next summer will be interesting as my daughter will be sixteen and a driver. I'm both looking forward to her being able to get herself places and terrified of the prospect of her behind the wheel. For this summer, though, it's been chauffeuring teen girls around and playing referee to the two little boys on top of the move. 

But not to worry the kids go back to school next week and I'm hoping I can get back into a routine. Summers always kink up my schedules. I've noted the plot changes to be made, but now I just need the time to make those changes in my WIP. I'm hoping to get that all done by October. Why? Well, I didn't participate in NaNo last year and I hated being left out of all the writing craziness. I've decided I want to jump back in again this year. I'm waffling between a couple of projects that I'd like to work on for NaNo. So I'd like to be done rewriting by October to spend that month plotting at least one of those projects to write in November. In the meantime, I'm still in the query process for Barely There and Midnight Raynne.

I'm actually way ahead of my reading goal for the year, but I'm way behind in reading debut author works. I'm hoping to get more read once my daughter and nephew go back to school. It will be quiet once again. Only the 3 year old will be running wild through the house. Alone each of the kids are well behaved and it's easy to get writing done. Put them together and it's pure chaos.

I'm also hoping to get back to blogging regularly again over the next couple of weeks. I have a book blog tour I'm participating in mid-September with a giveaway. I also have a giveaway that I'm hoping to get set up by next week; two signed books! I also am busy working on getting ready for Banned Books Week. I'd like to do a giveaway that week as well, but I'm not sure what book to do yet.

Wow, seeing it all written down I realize I have a lot of plans and better get back in gear. lol

I hope everyone has had a great summer and makes the smooth transition back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment