Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bad Blogger

The title should say it all about me right now. I've been horribly busy and of course things begin to fall off track when a busy schedule takes hold. But, I'm determined to get back on track. In fact, I'm planning to begin blogging my usual Tuesday and Thursday posts again, starting today!

While I've been super busy this fall I have been able to get back into some of my writing. I've been busy outlining my NaNo 2013 project. Last week I finished up the character sheets. I'm still working out plot kinks, though. I have some scenes that I see in my head, but I'm not sure where exactly they fit in. And there are other scenes that I need to bridge gaps between better. I also need to figure out what is going on in the end of the story. I have a few ideas, but pinning down one as the actual ending is the hard part. The interesting part of it all is that this is a new adult project, not YA or MG. So, this should be interesting. The goal for NaNo is to finish a 50,000 word novel. Usually my YA rough drafts hit right around there. I'm hoping this one should be a bit longer. Which means I'll have to write more every day to hit my goal. And yes, even though I should hit the NaNo word count, I hope to have the entire rough draft completed by the end of November.

I also haven't been reading as much. I've been trying to figure out where in my busy schedule the writing should take place and when I should read. I've rearranged when I do each of these things. I think I've finally found a routine that works best for me, but it's still not at the pace or amount of writing/reading from the past.

I'm also relearning the German I've forgotten since high school and college. And I'm learning French. My daughter is taking French in school and she was having a hard time, so I took up learning it through Rocket Languages. I love that site. But honestly, French is kicking my rear. My theory is that I've already learned German once, so I'm just refreshing. Whereas in French I'm just learning the language. And I'm floundering around like a fool with it. So for now I go back and forth between the two languages listening to lessons. I'm convinced my three year old son and seven year old nephew think I'm a whack job wandering the house with my earbuds in and then repeating strange words. My son seems to be getting used to it though. He's started to ask what different words are in German. My little budding linguist. He's learning animal names right now.

I've also been doing a lot of thinking about what I'd like to do in the future. But that's another post, Thursday's to be exact. So stay tuned to find out the big change.

No comments:

Post a Comment