Thursday, October 31, 2013

November 2013 Releases

Not so many books this month, which is a good thing. It's NaNoWriMo! And I don't really read much while I'm drafting, if at all. Plus the holidays are upon us, so there is even less time to read and write. It's a good thing two of this month's releases are short stories, which I will devour.


Why -> If you haven't read Spellcaster, you really should. It's so much fun and I love the magical aspect of the book. I'm excited to see how things went with Elizabeth in the beginning. How did things go so horribly wrong? Why did things happen the way they did in the beginning? Great book and I'm really looking forward to reading the next book in the series, next year.

Horizon (Soul Seekers #4) by Alyson Noel (11/19/13) 

Why -> I've become a fan of Alyson Noel through The Immortals Series and The Riley Bloom Series. I learned that I enjoy reading her books straight through. So to say I've been anticipating this final book is and understatement. I've been collecting each and every book in this series, just waiting for the day Horizon arrives at my doorstep so I can read them back to back. Yes, I've already ordered it and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Then I can finally read this series!

Whisper Falls by Elizabeth Langston (11/19/13) 

Why ->  I love history. Have I ever mentioned that my degree is in history? Well, that could explain why I love history. This book looks so good spanning between our current day and 1796. When Mark meets Susanna on a bike ride past the mysterious falls he is curious to find out more about her. Even if she claims she's from 1796 and is an indentured servant. The more he learns about her time, life, and position the more he risks changing history forever to save her. I'm curious to see what he does. Does he save her and change history? Or, does he let her live the life that history says she does?

Brooke (Under the Never Sky 2.5) by Veronica Rossi (11/26/13) 

Why -> Seriously, it's a novella for Under the Never Sky. I shouldn't have to explain why this I'm anxiously awaiting this one. But I will. ;-) I absolutely love the characters and world Rossi has created for this trilogy. And of course the novellas are a extra added bonus since we get to get inside the heads of a different character. I loved the last novella from Roar's perspective, I want more of Roar! Anyways, I'm curious to see what things are like from Brooke's point of view. How does she feel about Aria? What does she think of Perry now that he's in love with Aria? What is it like for her to have her sister back, thanks to Aria who stole Perry away from her? Oh, and I can't wait for Into the Still Blue!

Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter (11/26/13) 

Why -> I really enjoyed her first trilogy, The Goddess Test, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she has in store this time. Kitty has a choice, to stay where she is in the bottom ranks of society or become part of the most powerful family in the country. The catch? If she stays she will be forced to leave those she loves the most behind. If she agrees she will be surgically altered to resemble the Prime Minister's niece, Lila, who died mysteriously and squash the rebellion Lila started. The same rebellion that Kitty believes in. Very intriguing. 

 Your turn -> What books did I miss? What books are you eagerly awaiting to release?

1 comment:

  1. I do not even understand how I finished up right here, however I thought this publish was good. I don’t realize who you are but definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger for those who aren’t already Cheers!

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete