Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The NaNoWriMo Race Has Begun

Seriously this year is going to kick my rear with NaNo. Last month I did my character and scene sketches. I also outlined the entire plot. As of midnight on Halloween the word count matters. Every. Single. Day.

Here we are on day five and I'm actually on track. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this up, but I'm trying. My goal each day is to get to 2,000 words that day. Some days that happens, others it doesn't. Like yesterday, I only got a little over 1,000. So today I have to pick up the slack and add that extra 1,000 I didn't get to yesterday to today's count. Fingers crossed I'll get there.

I've created a new playlist to write to. As I was writing the other day I realized most of my time was spent skipping songs or searching for new songs to put into the current list. It was extremely distracting. So I took a little time out from writing to create a whole new list and purchase a few new songs to include. Since then the playlist is working just fine. No skipping of songs to distract me.

I've been slacking on my reading since day one of NaNo. And I'm in the midst of reading an ARC of Pawn by Aimee Carter. I really need to sneak in more time, somewhere, somehow. Topping it off my languages have pretty much fallen to the wayside this past week. I really need to work both reading and languages in more.

How are you doing on your NaNo project? And how about juggling everything else in life this month as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment