Thursday, February 13, 2014

February 2014 Releases

This month I appear to be excited for a bunch of sophomore books in series. Seriously, half of them are the second in a series. And apparently it helps to hit the publish button when scheduling a post. lol So, excuse this late post. :-)

Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi
2/4/14

Why ->  I seriously loved Shatter Me. And then I read Destroy Me. And I was so torn that I decided I had to wait until the final book was out so that I could read straight through to the end. I have the second book, Unravel Me, and the second short, Fracture Me. I'm ready to go. I'm also hoping Tahereh Mafi comes to Book People in Austin for a signing so I can get the third book and have it signed. And then I just have to get my daughter to relinquish my copy of Unravel Me, which she is currently reading.

Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer 
2/4/14 

Why -> Oh my goodness! This series! I am so in love with this world and the characters. So, if you have not yet read the first two, Cinder and Scarlet, you NEED to. Meyer's retelling and intertwining of fairytales is so amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on Cress and read it! I'm totally fangirling this one!


Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers 
2/4/14 

Why -> This debut looks very interesting. Not only is it centered around an exchange student, but an alien exchange student at that. I don't think I need to say much more than that. Definitely on my to read list.


Split Second by Kasie Wet 
2/11/14 

Why -> I have yet to read the blurb because I have yet to read Pivot Point. It's sitting on my Kindle screaming my name. Especially with those covers. I can't wait to read them. And now I get to read them back to back. Yay!


Vengeance (Fracture #2) by Megan Miranda 
2/13/14 

Why -> I still have yet to read Fracture. In fact, I put Fracture on my to-read list, but hadn't gotten around to it when I went to the KidLitCon back in November and was lucky enough to get a hold of a Vengeance ARC. I now Fracture on my Kindle and I can't wait to read them both.


Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White 
2/18/14 

Why -> I loved Mind Games and immediately couldn't wait to read the sequel. Such great strong female characters. I loved the way the first book ended. I can't wait to see what is in store for Fia and Annie in this one.


Unforgotten (Unremembered #2) by Jessica Brody 
2/25/14 

Why -> I really enjoyed the twists and turns Unremembered took and I'm really hoping they will continue in this installment. And Diotech is still after Sera and Zen, intent on keeping the secrets in her mind hidden, even if they have to kill to do so.



What books releasing in February are you excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment