Tuesday, April 29, 2014

May 2014 Releases

Finally! It's May! There's one book on this month's list that I've literally been waiting on for the past two years. Can you guess which one? Anyways, this month's list is notably shorter than last month. Which is good, because I need time to catch my breath.

Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera 
5/6/14

Why -> I LOVED the first book, Reboot. Such a great concept and execution. I can't wait for this final book to come out and find out what happens with Wren and Callum. And I'm hoping Amy Tintera will come back to Austin, so I can have both books signed by her!

After the End (After the End #2) by Amy Plum 
5/6/14 

Why -> What if you spent your entire life living off the land in the Alaskan wilderness being told that the world was ravaged by nuclear radiation after World War III and found out one day that it was all a lie? OMG, I have to have this book.

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass 
5/6/14 

Why -> I read the first book, The Selection, on the recommendation from a friend of my daughter's. I loved it. I have yet to read the second book mostly because I just haven't gotten around to reading it and I was a little disappointed that this particular friend of my daughter's didn't like the second book as much as the first. I'm hoping, though, that all is redeemed with this final installment. I really really liked Maxon after the first book and I can't help but hope that he chooses America. Of course, I haven't read the second book so I have no idea what could happen.

The Warrior (Dante Walker #3) by Victoria Scott 
5/6/14

Why -> Um, yeah we'll go with hot covers on this one. I actually already have the first two books on my Kindle, just waiting on this one. I can't wait to read them. Especially since I keep seeing mentions of how hot and amazing Dante is. He might be my new book boyfriend after I read it. Right now it's Four, and before that it was Jace Wayland. lol 

The Eighth Guardian by Meredith McCardle 
5/6/14

Why -> Amanda and her boyfriend, Abe, plan to graduate at the end of their senior year and join the CIA together. But when their junior year testing results come in and Amanda is chosen to join the secret government group called the Annum Guard she is forced to make a life altering decision. If she agrees to become the eighth guardian she will have to say goodbye to not only her name, but her family and friends, including Abe. Can she trust a secret government organization that travels back in time to alter history with her life?

Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 
5/20/14 

Why -> Guys, I'm horrible about telling myself I can read the books I own any time I want, so I check books out from the library instead. I really need to read the rest of the Caster Chronicles before I read this new book in this spin off series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I read Beautiful Creatures after my parents got the book signed by both authors at the Texas Book Festival one year. I now own all four books in the series signed by both authors! They are on the list to read this year and it's a good thing, because I really want to read this spin off centered on Ridley and Link.


End Times by Anna Schumacher 
5/20/14 

Why -> This book gets an extra point from me just because it's set in Wyoming. I spent a bit of time there at my grandparents when I was little and it's where I was born. So yay for Wyoming being a setting! Plus, I like the idea of a girl finding herself in the midst of a strange town where everyone believes the end times are coming, and when strange things happen to support their claims maybe she can't keep her head down and ignore it anymore.

Mortal Enchantment by Stacey O'Neale 
5/20/14 

Why -> I read the prequel novella from Rowan's POV, The Shadow Prince, recently, and wow! Talk about a serious teaser for the main piece. I can't wait to see what happens with Kalin and Rowan. Not to mention I really liked Rowan's character from the novella. I'm excited to see Kalin's perspective on things. 

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare 
5/27/14

Why -> After reading the first three books in The Mortal Instrument series I should have known better than to read the fourth book as soon as it came out, and then to read the fifth book as soon as it released. But to leave me hanging from May of 2012 to this May? That is just plain cruel and unusual punishment. I say that, but I think I understand why. If you have read the first five books in the series, but not The Infernal Devices trilogy, you NEED to read it first. I think that is why they held off on this book for so long. At least my theory is that players from that trilogy come into play again in this final TMI book. And, I can't wait for the next books! Yes, there will be more shadow hunter books. In 2015 the first book in The Dark Artifices trilogy comes out. Then The Last Hours will have three books and the first book releases in 2017.  And another trilogy The Wicked Powers still doesn't have a release date for the first book. I'm on shadow hunter overload!

What books are you excited for in May? Did I miss any big ones? 

No comments:

Post a Comment