Thursday, June 26, 2014

July 2014 Releases

Ooh, there are some goodies this month! A bunch of them actually. :-)

On the Fence by Kasie West 
7/1/14

Why -> I don't read many contemporary, but lately this is just what I want to read. Tom boy Charlie finds herself falling for the guy next door, Braden, unexpectedly. But is she willing to risk losing his friendship for more with him?

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
7/1/14

Why -> I have the entire Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy sitting on my shelf screaming my name right now. I have got to read this. Of course, you know me, I haven't read the blurb on this one, because I don't want the previous books spoiled. Hopefully, I'll have them all read by Christmas.

Outcast by C.J. Redwine 
7/1/14

Why -> Eep, I can't wait to read the trilogy and this novella. The first book, Defiance, is the book club pick for October, and I can't wait to read the entire trilogy through then. :-)

Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch 
7/1/14

Why -> This one is extremely intriguing. In a world where people can be owned as pets, and are required to put their owners happiness before themselves. Hmm, I'm thinking I'll have to read this one very soon.

Idols by Margaret Stohl 
7/8/14

Why -> This is the second book in the Icons trilogy and I'm actually waiting for all three books to come out before I read them, which means I have yet to read the blurb on this one, and I have to wait until next year before I can read them back to back. Ahhhh! Not an easy task.


Boomerang by Noelle August
7/8/14

Why -> I don't usually read many contemporary new adults, but this one looks really enticing. Add to that the fact that Veronica Rossi is one half of the writing duo that makes up Noelle August and I'm sold. After a one night stand Mia and Ethan find they not only work at the same online dating company, with a no dating within policy, but they're also competing for the same job at the end of the summer. The question is can they keep their focus during their internship, or will they end up right back at the beginning?

Four by Veronica Roth 
7/8/14

Why -> ZOMG, I can't wait to get my hands on this one. I've had it on pre-order since I found out about it. Seriously, everything gets dropped on July 8th for more FOUR! No joke. And I love that it's four (4) short stories from Four's POV! I can't even explain. There are no words for this one.

Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson 
7/15/14 

Why -> Princess Lia runs away to escape an arranged marriage to a prince she's never met. Once settled into a new life in a distant village hopeful, until two strangers arrive. One, the prince she escaped, and the other, an assassin sent to kill her.

Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard 
7/22/14

Why -> This one actually popped up from out of nowhere the other day. I have Something Strange and Deadly on my bookshelf at home. I heard good things about it and decided I'd wait until the third book came out before reading. And here it is! I can finally pull it off the shelf and read them back to back. :-) Happy! 

Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke 
7/22/14 

Why -> All I have to say is alternate realities. Del is a Walker and can travel through these different dimensions, and it's her job to keep them in harmony. But the Council of Walkers is keeping a secret, a big one. And she's not big on following rules.


Between by Megan Whitmer
7/29/14

Why -> This one looks interesting because of the magical mythical creatures. Charlie is taken to Ellauria by her hot neighbor Seth after her family disappears. It's there she learns that these mythical creatures really do exist, and that a fellowship residing there is charged to protect these beings. Not only that, but she's under their protection. Worse yet, magic is failing, other creatures are dying, she's falling for a guy she can't have, dealing with powers she never wanted in the first place, and being forced to choose between her heart and her destiny.

What books releasing this month are you excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment